Thursday, January 20, 2011

diversity of thought.

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

I have been thinking about updating our blog for quite a while now. Several times I have sat down, started to type and later simply deleted it. This is usually followed by a repetitive internal debate about whether or not my thoughts or observations are worth sharing with the world. Don't misunderstand, I have no delusions of grandeur regarding the amount of readers of our blog. I occasionally read what others have written and feel that perhaps my/our stories are not quite as exciting or eloquently written. Again, I have no delusions, they probably aren't. However, I have also (once again) come to the realization that speaking, hearing, reading... diverse thoughts contributes to understanding for each other.

Personally, I never cease to be amazed with people's stories and attribute my interest in reading blogs to my sociological curiosity rather than creepiness. :) This carries over to my love of people-watching, trying to figure out why people do what they do, and literature.

Anyway, here I am, jumping over my shadow a bit and hoping that 2011 will be a better year for blogging than the one before.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment